Aurora completes expansion of its Bombardier Q400 fleet

Aurora Airlines Aurora now operates five Q400 turboprops (Photo by Bombardier)

Russian regional carrier Aurora Airlines has taken delivery of its fifth Bombardier Q400 turboprop. This delivery marks completion of the carrier’s Q400 fleet expansion program.

Aurora’s new aircraft has serial number 4482, and was produced in 2014. The airline said the aircraft is fitted with 70 passenger seats and will be operated on regional routes in Russia’s Far East with moderate traffic.

The airline, 51% owned by Aeroflot, the remaining 49%, by the administration of Sakhalin region, had been taking delivery of the previous four turboprops throughout last year. The initial plan called for the final delivery to take place before the end of 2016 as well. Three aircraft were delivered through parent Aeroflot, and the remaining two were to be purchased by the regional administration.

Besides the Q400s, Aurora operates two Q200s, four Q300 and two DHC-6 Series 400 Twin Otters as well as ten Airbus А319s. There are plans to expand the Twin Otter fleet to 32 airframes.

Aurora Airlines operates international and regional flights, some of which are supported by the region as having high public importance.

From January to November last year its traffic grew 21% compared to the same period of 2015. The airline carried 1.268 million passengers and occupied 12th position in the rating of the Russian largest airlines by passenger traffic.

Russian Aviation Insider
Powered by Air Transport Observer, Russia & CIS’ premier information provider on commercial aviation with a 20-year legacy, Russian Aviation Insider provides you with timely and reliable business news, insights and analysis on commercial aviation all around CIS.
Sign up for our free Newsletter and never miss:
  • Airline Business news and analysis
  • Aerospace Industry updates
  • Traffic statistic data and trends
  • Airport, MRO, Leasing and other related businesses
  • Appointments and promotions

Get relevant data from reliable industry sources!

1 Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. Five per cent traffic growth for Russia’s Aurora Airlines

Leave a comment