Inside Aeroflot

Latest News

Widget not in any sidebars


Widget not in any sidebars


Widget not in any sidebars

Company profile

Founded in 1923, Aeroflot is Russia’s oldest and largest airline – and over 93 years has become a global icon for the nation.

Based at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport, it operates services to 131 destinations in 50 countries, including 45 destinations within Russia, as per its current summer schedule (March 27 through October 29, 2016).

Aeroflot’s modern fleet, which is now among the world’s youngest, consists of 188 aircraft, including the latest Airbus A320 family of airliners, as well as Airbus A330s, Boeing 737s, Boeing 777s, and Sukhoi Superjet 100s. In 2007, Aeroflot signed a contract for the purchase of 22 state-of-the-art Airbus A350s.

Last year, Aeroflot carried 26.1 million passengers (up 10.6% year-on-year), flying 74.1 billion passenger-kilometres (up 10.4%). The average load factor reached 79.3% (+1.1 p.p.). A total of 39.4 million passengers (up 4.7%) were carried by the Aeroflot Group, which includes subsidiary airlines Rossiya, Aurora and low-fare operator Pobeda.

Aeroflot belongs to a number of select air transport organizations. It became the first Russian airline to join the International Air Transport Association (IATA) in 1989 and, in April 2006, became a full member of SkyTeam, the world’s second largest airline alliance which, through its vast combined network, offers services to 1,057 destinations in 179 countries. Aeroflot also operates code-sharing agreements with 28 Russian and international airlines. Since 2011, Aeroflot has been a member of SkyTeam Cargo.

The Russian government holds a 51% stake in Aeroflot. The remaining 49% belongs to legal entities and individuals. Vitaly Saveliev has been Aeroflot’s Director General and CEO since April 10, 2009.

According to the 2015 IFRS consolidated financial results, Aeroflot Group’s revenue reached 415.2 billion rubles, up 29.8% year-on-year. The EBITDA margin was up 9.6 p.p. year-on-year to 24.8%; the EBITDA margin was up 6.3 p.p. year-on-year to 14.1%. The group’s operating profit more than tripled year-on-year to 44.1 billion rubles.

Russian Aviation Insider
Dear visitor,
Our resource has been available online for a relatively short time, and we are still working on completing several sections. Every day, besides posting news, we fill in the information sections with new data. If you'd like us to keep you posted on the updates, please subscribe to our newsletter
Besides that, with Russian Aviation Insider Newsletter you'll never miss:
  • Airline Business news and analysis
  • Aerospace Industry updates
  • Traffic statistic data and trends
  • Airport, MRO, Leasing and other related businesses
  • Appointments and promotions