Aurora airline received its third Twin Otter aircraft

Unlike the previous two Twin Otters purchased by Primorsky Krai the third airframe has been leased Unlike the previous two Twin Otters purchased by Primorsky Krai the third airframe has been leased (Photo by Aurora)

Aurora airline (51% owned by Aeroflot, the remaining 49% – by the administration of Sakhalin region) received its third DHC-6 Twin Otter Series 400 regional turboprop. The airframe, tail number RA-67285, landed in Vladivostok on January 19, 2017 the airline reported.

The airframe was manufactured in 2014 and leased by Sberbank Leasing. The five-year long financial leasing agreement was signed by the regional state unitary enterprise Plastun Avia dealing with air transportation development in Primorsky Krai. The price of the aircraft and lease payments will be partially reimbursed by Far East Development Fund. The delivery of third DHC-6 (tail number RA-67285) has been postponed because of the changes in economic situation.

After receiving a 19-seater aircraft Aurora will open new destinations and increase flights frequency on existing destinations. In particular the carrier will launch flights to Khabarovsk – from Dalnerechensk and Kavalerovo in Primorsky Krai. The airline is now operating Twin Otters on nine regular destinations.

As was previously reported by Russian Aviation Insider, the growing demand for regional air transportation was the reason to add another Twin Otter to the operator’s fleet. Primorsky Krai government reported that it is planned to increase the number of landing sites and mini-airfields from 13 to 22.

Aurora started Twin Otter operation 18 months ago. The first two aircraft (tail numbers RA-67283 и RA-67284) were purchased by Primorsky Krai authorities. The carrier is going to increase its Twin Otter fleet to 32 airframes.

Beside Twin Otter the airline operates Bombardier Q200/Q300/Q400 turboprops and single-aisle Airbus А319 jets. Its total fleet consists of 22 aircraft.

  • 21
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Russian Aviation Insider
Newsletter
Powered by Air Transport Observer, Russia & CIS’ premier information provider on commercial aviation with a 20-year legacy, Russian Aviation Insider provides you with timely and reliable business news, insights and analysis on commercial aviation all around CIS.
Sign up for our free Newsletter and never miss:
  • Airline Business news and analysis
  • Aerospace Industry updates
  • Traffic statistic data and trends
  • Airport, MRO, Leasing and other related businesses
  • Appointments and promotions

Get relevant data from reliable industry sources!

Leave a comment